Click here for Tennis Rules Documentation: Tennis Documents
WATERS EDGE HOMEOWNER SASSOCIATION
TENNIS RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following rules and regulations have been set by the Board of Directors that Waters Edge homeowners and/or guests must adhere to at all times. These rules will be strictly enforced to assist the Association in maintaining and preserving the tennis rules the tennis court amenity areas. It is important to mention that the Board may implement policies to be followed without changing the covenants. Please refer to Section 2.03(a), under Rights of the Association. which states that the Board has the right to'promulgate rules and regulations relating to the use, operation andmaintenance of the Common property".
General Court Rules :
1. The tennis courts are for the exclusive use of Waters Edge residents, their guests and approved Waters Edge Teams
2. All Lakeside tennis courts will be off limits to ALTA, USTA any league, private\team practices and tournaments in order to ensure the availability for all Waters Edge residents use.
3. Any Waters Edge resident who does not have their assessment fees paid up to date will not have access to the tennis facilities
4. All tennis courts must be reserved on the Waters Edge HOA Reservations website (http://www.watersedgehoa.com/outside_home.asp).
All residents must have a resident login to access reservations (contact Maurice Almon – Website Administrator at [email protected])
Please cancel your reservation if you no longer need court time
Registration may be no later than on hour prior to playing time and no earlier than 2 weeks from the current date.
5. Proper tennis attire (tennis shoes, shirts, etc.) must be worn on the tennis courts.
6. Guests must be accompanied by a homeowner with a current amenity card. Two (2) guests are allowed per homeowner or four (4) guests per household. This applies to regular play only. Guests are not eligible to participate on Waters Edge teams (ALTA, USTA, etc.) without following the proper procedures.
7. No pets are allowed in the tennis area or on the tennis courts.
8. Children that are not playing tennis are not permitted on the tennis courts.
9. Damage is the responsibility of the homeowner involved.
10. No food or alcoholic beverages are allowed on the tennis courts. Non alcoholic beverages in non-breakable containers are permitted. Absolutely no glass will be allowed on the tennis courts.
11. Clean up ball cans, lids, etc. from the tennis courts.
12. The last member on the courts is responsiblefor turning off lights and closing the door to the courts.
13. No bicycles, strollers, skateboards, skates or similar equipment is allowed on the tennis courts.
A Waters Edge Resident must be the captain ofthe team that applies for league play at Waters Edge.
Any Waters Edge resident who does not have their assessment fees paid up to date at the time of scheduling, will not be allowed to play on or captain any Waters Edge teams.
All teams (regardless of seniority) that desire to play out of Waters Edge must fill out the “Waters Edge Team Application” for review by the Waters Edge Tennis Committee to determine if a team will be permitted to play out of the Waters Edge Facility for the upcoming season.
Please submit application as early as possible to give the committee ample time to review and respond, in case the team request is denied you will have time to find another facility.
*** Please do not register Waters Edge as your home facility until you have received approval from the committee ***
4. Instructors(paid or otherwise will receive no special tennis court privileges).
5. All non-residents will be required to pay the following fees in order to play out of Waters Edge:
Adults: $40.00 (non-refundable) non-member fee per tennis season.
Seniors: $40.00 (non-refundable) non-member fee per tennisseason.
Juniors: $10.00 (non-refundable) non-member fee per tennis season.
This fee is to be paid in advance. In addition, any person who submits a check that is returned for non-sufficient funds will be pulled from their team and not allowed to play until funds are paid.
6. All rosters certification forms must be submitted to the Waters Edge HOA office prior to the scheduling of teams. The office will notify the Tennis Committee of who is ineligible to play. Those individuals will be pulled from the schedule and not allowed to play.
7. Once your team has been approved to play out of Waters Edge, submit your team schedules (once received from your respective league) to the Waters Edge Tennis Committee ([email protected])
8. Each team will be assigned 2 courts for match play.
9. Each team will be assigned one practice night per week, 2 courts per team.
10. Match and practice courts will be reserved bythe Tennis Committee. Addition courts can be reserved by the captains if no one else has reserved the courts. No earlier than one day before match play.
11. Lack of cooperation by non-members to pay their respective non-member fees, non sportsmanship behavior (cheating, fighting, foul language, unauthorized use of courts…) will result in discontinuing any participation by residence and non-residence to play on any Waters Edge teams.
12. Proper tennis attire (tennis shoes, shirts, etc.) must be worn on the tennis courts.
13. No pets are allowed in the tennis area (covered gazebo) or on the tennis courts.
14. Children that are not playing tennis are not permitted on the tennis courts.
15. No food or alcoholic beverages are allowed on the tennis courts. Non alcoholic beverages in non-breakable containers are permitted. Absolutely no glass will be allowed on the tennis courts.
16. Clean up ball cans, lids, etc. from the tennis courts.
Any questions regarding tennis should bedirected to Waters Edge Tennis Committee : [email protected]
These rules and regulations are essential to fund the maintenance of the tennis courts. Additional wear and tear is due to the frequent use and the number of people using the courts from league play. It is to the benefit of all paying Waters Edge residents to help enforce these policies. These rules and regulations will be updated as necessary.